Monday, September 13, 2010

Unsure...

So.  I hadn't planned to take a week plus off from blogging.  I normally try to post Monday through Thursday for sure and if something good comes up over the weekend, make a post about that as well.  But here lately I've just not been feeling the blog.  I'm really struggling with what my purpose is and why I do this. 

I LOVE writing.  I love sharing my thoughts and processes but sometimes feel like I'm writing to myself (which with tracking my grocery store purchases is great because it's become short of like a price book for me).  I'm just not sure where I want to go with this.

I don't think I'll ever be a FishMama or Money Saving Mom but I would like to be!  I'd love to have a spot where I can share my thoughts and ideas about life in general, money, deals/bargains and our Total Money Makeover journey that could be a great spot for other women (moms or not) to utilize.  But I think that both FishMama and Crystal at MSM do that so I'm not sure where I fit in.

I've thoroughly enjoyed linking up to Record Your Youth with Janna at Mommy's Piggy Tales for the last 14 weeks and look forward to wrapping it all up this coming Thursday.  But again - I don't see that side of what I've blogged becoming anything permanent.

So I guess I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions.  I don't even know if there is anyone out there who reads my blog on a regular basis.  I know there are girls from the Record Your Youth group that follow through those posts and I know that if I've linked up to FishMama's Ultimate Recipe Swap that someone might click through but that's about it.  I don't know if me putting more out here would be a benefit to anyone or not. 

When I originally started this - I wanted to share deals/bargains but so many other people do that (and do it way better than I do and much more quickly as I only access my blog in the evenings). I still do share if I find something really good but once again - I don't think I have much traffic so I don't share like I should (or could).

If you read this, why do you visit my blog?  Do you visit regularly?  If you don't visit regularly, how often do you stop by?  What else would you be interested in seeing in this spot?  If you could leave me a comment or email me at kcbonly@hotmail.com I'd very much appreciate it.

At this point, I'm going to continue to do what I've done in the past (Monday is my shopping from the weekend, Tuesday a blog to share, Wednesday the Marsh ad highlights, Thursday is Record Your Youth (for one more week at least) and sometimes I even share the Kroger ad highlights and coupon previews).

If you do stop by regularly, thank you - I hope to make this a better place for me and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment